- Zen Initiation is an opportunity to deepen one’s commitment to the Soto Zen tradition and to formally receive the precepts and go for refuge in the Buddha, Dharma, and Sangha. MZMC members who have a commitment to the practice and community, a teacher, and have completed at least one practice period at MZMC are welcome to ask their teachers about the prospect of initiation. Initiation requires a mutual commitment, and ultimately the authority and decision to initiate a student is solely in the hands of the teacher.
- March 14 with Tim: Names of Buddha, Triple Refuge
- April 4 with Bussho: Ten Clear Mind Precepts
- May 9 with Rosemary: Rakusu, Robe Chant, Lineage documents
- June 13 with Ben: Three Pure Precepts, Wisdom Water, Acknowledgment of Karma
- July 18 with Ted: Heart Sutra
Meetings with your teacher will be arranged. The ceremony date will be in October. Details TBD.