2022 Weekend Retreats
There will be two weekend retreats this year.
Two-day retreats are contemporary in style, while maintaining a deep immersion in meditation and silence. The retreat includes sitting and walking meditation, daily dharma talks, and one-to-one meetings with the teacher.
Online Only: January 14 - 16 with Bussho Lahn
Online and In Person: May 13 - 15 with Ben Connelly
- Hours: The full retreat is Friday at 7 p.m. to Sunday at 4 p.m. You may attend Saturday only or both days. Hours for Saturday are 5:45 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. The hours on Sunday are 5:45 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- All participants must attend the orientation on Friday at 7 p.m.
- Cost of online participation: The suggested donation per full day is $40, and $30 for Sunday, since it is not a full day.
- Cost of in-person participation (meals included): The suggested donation per full day is $55 and $40 for Sunday, since it is not a full day.
- Everyone is welcome; contribute as you are able.
Please register by January 11 (for January retreat) and May 10 (for the May retreat).
There are two options for attending: full-day and flexible attendance.
1.) Full-Day Option
The full-day option for this retreat includes zazen, kinhin (walking meditation), liturgy, dharma talks, meal breaks, dokusan (one-to-one meetings with the teachers), council practice, and work practice. You may attend Saturday only or the full retreat.
2.) Flexible Option for Online Participants Only
Under the flexible option, students are welcome to come and go as they please, joining us for zazen, kinhin (walking meditation), liturgy, and/or dharma talks. Some parts of the retreat, including dokusan (one-to-one meetings with the teachers), may not be available to those who choose the flexible option.
Payment for the flexible option will be based on a free-will offering. When choosing the amount of your offering, please consider basing your contribution on your participation and the suggested donations above. Everyone is welcome; contribute as you are able.
Details and links will be sent to your email two days before the retreat.