2022 Weekend Sesshins
There will be one weekend sesshin this year.
At these traditional meditation retreats, we follow the forms and rituals used in the Soto Zen tradition for centuries. Weekend sesshins includes zazen, kinhin (walking meditation), liturgy, dharma talks, formal vegetarian meals using oryoki, dokusan (one-to-one meetings with the teacher for full-day attendees), and work practice. If you are new to sesshin practice at MZMC, attendance at the Zen Forms and Etiquette class is required.
Online and In Person: March 25 - 27 with Ben Connelly
- Times: The full retreat is Friday at 7 p.m. to Sunday at 4 p.m. You may attend Saturday only or both days. Hours for Saturday are 5:45 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. The hours on Sunday are 5:45 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- All participants must attend the orientation on Friday at 7 p.m.
- Cost of online participation: The suggested donation per full day is $40, and $30 for Sunday, since it is not a full day.
- Cost of in-person participation (meals included): The suggested donation per full day is $55 and $40 for Sunday, since it is not a full day.
- Everyone is welcome; contribute as you are able.
Please register by March 22.
There are two options for attending: full-day and flexible attendance.
1.) Full-Day Option
The full-day option for this retreat includes zazen, kinhin (walking meditation), liturgy, dharma talks, meal breaks, dokusan (one-to-one meetings with the teachers), council practice, and work practice. You may attend Saturday only or the full retreat.
2.) Flexible Option
Under the flexible option, students are welcome to come and go as they please, joining us for zazen, kinhin (walking meditation), liturgy, and/or dharma talks. Some parts of the retreat, including dokusan (one-to-one meetings with the teachers), may not be available to those who choose the flexible option.
Payment for the flexible option will be based on a free-will offering. When choosing the amount of your offering, please consider basing your contribution on your participation and the suggested donations above. Note that everyone is welcome; contribute as you are able.