Online Weekend Sesshin (traditional-style retreat) with Ben Connelly
April 9 (7 pm) - April 11 (4 pm) 2021
- All participants should attend the orientation on Friday, April 9, 7 – 9 p.m.
- If you are new to sesshin practice at MZMC, attendance at the Zen Forms and Etiquette class is required.
Attendance Options: Full Day(s) or Flexible Attendance
The full-day options for this retreat include zazen, kinhin (walking meditation), liturgy, dharma talks, dokusan (one-to-one meetings with the teachers), and work practice.
You may sign up for the entire retreat, or for Friday night – Saturday only.
- Hours for Saturday are 5:45 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Hours on Sunday are 5:45 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- If your living situation requires, you may begin the day at 8 a.m.
- Full retreat: $100 Members | $120 Nonmembers | $50 Scholarship | $125 Scholarship supporter
- One day option: (Friday, 7 – 9, p.m. and Saturday 5:45 am - 9 pm): $55 Members | $65 Nonmembers | $30 Scholarship | $65 Scholarship supporter
- Click here to find out more about scholarships.
Under the flexible option, students are welcome to come and go as they please, joining us for zazen, kinhin (walking meditation), services and/or dharma talks. Dokusan (one-to-one meetings with the teachers) will not be available to those who choose the flexible option.
Payment for the flexible option will be based on a free-will offering. When choosing the amount of your offering, please note that the full-day costs are $50 for members and $65 for nonmembers, and consider basing your contribution on the amount of your participation. Know that everyone is welcome, regardless of ability to pay.
- Please let the office know prior to the beginning of the retreat if you are going to participate under the flexible option. Click here to email the office.
- Click here to make your donation for the flexible option or mail to MZMC, 3343 E. Bde Maka Ska Parkway, Minneapolis, MN 55408